It is a two hour exam plus online remote proctor set up time.
Around 110 questions.
The CAMA Exam is available in English, Japanese, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
If you are choosing to sit the CAMA Exam via our remote proctoring solution, please register for the exam via the Member Portal or through your Member Organisation and/or Recognised Training Program. Once registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to correctly set up your device/computer and prepare for the online exam.
To sit the CAMA Exam via remote proctor, you will require a computer or device with camera and microphone capabilities. The computer/device will also have to have access to a good internet connection for the duration of your exam. It is a web-based solution and we suggest using the Google Chrome browser.
It is a multiple choice exam. Each question has four multiple choice answers. Only one of those answers is the correct answer.
It is a closed book exam.
You are required to bring your ID and an iPad or Laptop with Windows or MAC operating system. Ensure that your device is connected to a power source to ensure you don’t run out of battery in the exam.
No, there are no practice questions available.
- have a minimum 5 years of working experience in asset management;
- complete a professional profile. This professional profile is used to demonstrate compliance with ISO 17021-5 “Competence requirements for auditing and certification of asset management systems” that requires auditors to have experience in certain industry types and asset classes.
- have working knowledge of ISO 5500X Standards; and
- understand the GFMAM Competency Specification for an ISO 55001 Asset Management SystemAuditor/Assessor.
Please note, applicants are not required to complete any specific course or training prior to the exam.
Below is a list of reference materials:
- ISO 5500X Standards
- GFMAM Competency Specification for an ISO 55001 Asset Management System Auditor/Assessor (download from www.gfmam.org)
- GFMAM Landscape Second Edition (download from www.gfmam.org)
- The Companion Guide for ISO 55001 (https://www.amcouncil.com.au/store.aspx)
- The Framework for Asset Management (available for free download at https://www.amcouncil.com.au/download.aspx?DocId=1902)
Appendix 1 (end of this document) shows a list of all references that were used to create the questions.
The certificate is valid for three years. Certificants can renew their certification through demonstrating 50 hours of CPD over the three year period. If an applicant hasn’t kept adequate CPD, they must pass the exam again to be certified.
- Individuals who want to become ISO 55001 assessors
- Individuals who want to become ISO 55001 auditors
- Individuals with asset management experience aiming to advance their careers in asset management
Please visit the CAMA Exams page on the website for this information
The professional profile is used to demonstrate compliance with ISO 17021-5 Competence requirements for auditing and certification of asset management systems. This requires auditors to have experience in certain industry types and asset classes, which is why this certification requires a professional profile.
You will receive a CAMA Certificate and Profile, showing your work experience related to different industry types.
You will know your results on completion of the exam.
You should be notified that you have achieved certification within three weeks after you receive your results. A copy of your certificate is emailed to you.
Overall feedback is given regarding your pass rate in the subject areas. This report is available at the completion of the exam.
This exam qualifies you to become an assessor for ISO 55001, and demonstrates that you have sufficient knowledge and comprehension in asset management. To become an auditor you must meet the other requirements of ISO 17021.
The CAMA exam is offered in English, Japanese, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
World Partners in Asset Management (WPiAM) is a joint venture of between leading not-for-profit organisations. Member organisations include ABRAMAN (Brasil), AM Council (Australia), GSMR, JAAM (Japan), PEMAC (Canada), SAAMA and SMRP (USA),
The Global Forum on Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM) created the Competency Specification for an ISO 55001 Asset Management System Auditor/Assessor that is the reference document for the CAMA exam.
You need to complete your registration, profile and payment prior to the exam.
After sitting your exam, there is a 6 month window in which to re-sit the exam if you do not succeed. If you wish to take the exam a third time, there is a twelve month waiting period after sitting the re-sit.
Each time you are required to resit the CAMA exam there is a US $100 fee payable.
If you arrive after the start of the exam you will not be eligible to sit the exam. If you need to cancel the exam for any reason, please follow the deadline and instructions indicated in the registration email.